td align="left" valign="middle" width="100%">
Publicar nuevo tema   Responder al temaPágina 1 de 1
Ver tema anterior :: Ver tema siguiente  
Autor Mensaje
malditovikingo
Adeptus Administratum

MensajePublicado: Sab May 21, 2011 1:22 pm    Asunto: Artisan ( Proyecto de los Borknagar Jens Ryland y Vortex ) Responder citando

Bueno.....hace unos dias leí sobre este proyecto, y ahora leí un poco más, aun no se bien que opinar, seguramente me guste, como todo lo que hace esta gente.

Aún no sabría decir como clasificarlo, porque ni Jens F Ryland sabe como va a terminar esto Razz

Resumiendo.....

Digamos que es un proyecto de y para fikis/gamers.....Jens F Ryland ( guitarrista de Borknagar, Vortex ) comenta que hace tiempo tiene ganas de hacer este proyecto, pero que a la gente de Borknagar no le copaba mucho la idea, por eso decidió formar este grupo/banda/colectivo llamado "Artisan".

Al parecer Jens Ryland es fanatico de los RPG para PC ( Role Play Games ) y FPS ( First Person Shooter ), incluso comenta que está orgulloso de sus 5 personajes nivel 80 que tiene en Age of Conan Razz

Comenta que le encantan esos juegos de Rol online para adultos ( o sea, que tienen mucha violencia y son más sombrios que la media ), le fascina tanto la ambientacion, como las historias, el paisaje y la música de fondo ), y como que quiere hacer algo multimedia por el estilo, o sea, basandose un poco en los juegos. O sea que quiere componer música y al mismo tiempo presentarla en videos con paisajes y escenas tipo de RPGs

Según Ryland, ya tiene en el proyecto a varios miembros conocidos de la escena metalera nórdica, por ahora los únicos confirmados son Vortex ( Arcturus, Borknagar, Dimmu Borgir, etc ), Asgeir Mickelson ( Spiral Architect, Ihsahn, etc, etc, etc ) y Mustis ( Dimmu Borgir )

Aún no está seguro que estilo de música va a hacer, aunque ya tiene el demo de una canción.

Les dejo algunos extractos con las propias palabras de Jens F Ryland y el link a la página del proyecto:

http://www.artisannorway.com/

"Artisan is a band, a music and media experiment.

I’m Jens Fredrik Ryland, I play guitar in Borknagar and ICS Vortex. This here is my own project, but it’s not a traditional band."

"Some of you are probably wondering; «What exactly is Artisan?» The simple answer is: «It’s a band», and at this point I really can’t reveal all that much more. I can say I call this my personal music and media experiment. That’s why I made this blog as a part of the Artisan experiment. I will soon launch more content into the Artisan folder and hopefully this will help explain what it is I’m working on here.

As a band, Artisan is also a bit different. At this point I’m not looking for any label or contract to release music. I’ve already written some music and some of it is recorded, but it will not be released in a traditional way on an album.

Artisan is able and willing to perform live, but I don’t see us heading out on any tour any time soon. We might do «showcase- concerts» if necessary.

Members? It depends on what we’re doing. Musicians performing will be revealed with each project. There are some core members, but the variety of musical endeavours we will take on doesn’t provide anyone with a “sure spot”, including myself. Some projects I might sit out and attend only as Producer or Project Manager.

Music style/ genre? I don’t want this band put in a box and labelled, I have loads of plans and it involves some very varied musical expressions, operations and contributions.

Ok, at this point I think I’ve probably said enough to confuse you and tease you just as much as I had planned, so lets leave it at that. Artisan is about to reveal the first project in the near future, and I’ll just have to wait until then to say anything more."

"Did I tell you I’m a gamer?

I started gaming around 1996 when I was introduced to a strategy game for PC I think was called Panzer. My interests swirl around Strategy, FPS (First Person Shooter) and RPG (Role Playing Games).

Conan - Artisan - The Connection

The Battlefield games sent me into the online game- world, and in 2003 I found out that there was something called “Star Wars Galaxies”. Sony Online Entertainment had built a game that allowed you to create a character in the Star Wars universe and then explore and “live” in this setting together with loads of other people. I’ll tell you more about this in a later article…

After several years with rather unusual experiences and new friends, I moved on to “Lord of the Rings Online”, which was the same idea, only in Tolkiens “Middleearth”.

Then in 2008 a new online adventure came to my attention, let me present it like this: (Oh, video has M- rating, not for kids)

Age of Conan was highly anticipated by the gaming community because of some unique features: -It had M- rating, meaning you have to be 18 years to play. -It had “Mature Settings”, meaning it’s more like a movie where you can see blood (and tits he he)! – It introduced a whole new skill-based combat system, meaning it was an mmorpg crossing into FPS. (I’m not even gonna bother explaining this…)

I didn’t start playing for real until late 2009, and by then Funcom had already straightened many of the initial flaws and the game was really enjoyable. As I was exploring my way through the game I was really amused and amazed how beautiful the scenery was and how creative and unusual many of the “dungeons” and battle encounters were. In addition, Funcom was getting ready to launch “Rise of the Godslayer”, the first big expansion.

Can anyone see the connection here? Conan the Barbarian VS bands like Manowar or Amon Amarth? The connection between the brutal universe made by Robert E: Howard and metal music is pretty obvious. But my travels in Hyboria gave me inspiration to create my own music.

Several months passed and my idea started taking form. I had mentioned my intentions to several people, and found that not many really understood what I was on about. The easiest people to persuade were my friends in game. They were all familiar with this format.

Why not do this with Borknagar?

The music I was picturing didn’t fit into Borknagar. And the rest of Borknagar didn’t share my passion for this either. And the plans I had for this project made more sense to keep outside of Borknagar anyway.

So I created Artisan. I created a demo for the song. Then I asked “Vegasti” to help me make a video. “Vegasti” is a “video- artist” also known as “Soulburn” from Fury server in AoC. My Artisan Project will launch a video with a dedicated song, made by me and some friends.

Who am I then? By now I have five lvl 80 characters, and my main is a Cimmerian Bear Shaman named Baro that you can find on the Hyrkania server.

At this point we are working on the last touch on the video and recording the song. I have recruited some famous names from the metal scene, but these will be revealed later. The releasedate isn’t set yet, but will happen soon.

That’s all I will tell today, hoping it will give more understanding to the project Artisan."

Última edición por malditovikingo el Sab May 21, 2011 1:29 pm, editado 1 vez
Ver perfil de usuario Enviar mensaje privado Visitar sitio web del autor
malditovikingo
Adeptus Administratum

MensajePublicado: Sab May 21, 2011 1:27 pm    Asunto: Responder citando

Por otro lado, la página del proyecto ( http://www.artisannorway.com/ ) está armado al estilo blog, y no solo habla de Artisan, sino que a veces comenta cosas sobre otras bandas de la escena del metal noruego y sobre otras buenas bandas de metal desde su punto de vista, lo cual es interesante.
Ver perfil de usuario Enviar mensaje privado Visitar sitio web del autor
Scandinavian Cold
Metal Legend

MensajePublicado: Dom May 22, 2011 8:41 pm    Asunto: Responder citando

Sin palabras...

Esperaremos esto. Twisted Evil

MensajePublicado: Mie Jul 06, 2011 5:31 pm    Asunto: Responder citando

Link

Cambiar a:  
Podés publicar nuevos temas en este foro
No podés responder a temas en este foro
No podés editar tus mensajes en este foro